Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Your Latter While Be Greater

Two weeks ago today I boarded a flight to Las Vegas, Nevada.  It was my first ever trip to Sin City and I was headed there for Team Beachbody's annual Coaches Summit.  As so often is the case with my life, my thoughts fill my mind and find there way to paper.  On this day, my mind was running with all the hopes and dreams of the business at hand, the business of being a Beachbody Coach.

My heart was full as I boarded my connecting flight from Dallas to Las Vegas and took a minute to spill out those emotions.  The overwhelming vision and dream for my business is that I wanted to offer HOPE to people.  Hope defined is the expectation of a good outcome.  It is the belief that something good comes at the end of something.  It is the belief that the impossible is possible!  That is what I want to offer people...HOPE.  Here is what my journal says: "Beachbody is not the answer in and of itself.  It is just the vehicle to offer hope!"

I want my encounter with customers to be less about a business transaction and more a life altering experience.  I see it as an opportunity to deliver hope that they can lose weight, hope that they can get fit, hope that the impossible is possible!  It is also the vision to offer hope to people who are financially struggling.  It is the dream to see hope of families and marriage forever made better.  My vision, my dream, my hope is to offer hope!

As pen scribbled out these thoughts my mind quickly raced to a familiar bible story.  If you do not know my  background, I was a youth pastor for many years.  So very often my brain will trace back to biblical stories as parallels to my thoughts.  There is a little moment tucked into a book in the Old Testament of Haggai.  The  children of Israel had returned home after years of captivity and it was time to rebuild the temple.  At one point in history, Israel was the most powerful nation and it's power all was reflected in the Temple of Solomon.  It rivaled every other spectacle every seen (including the bright lights of Vegas).  That temple had been destroyed and the people were disheartened.

Where this story connects is in the words of the prophet Haggai: ‘The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,’  Translation: that is what is ahead of you by far is better than what is behind you.  That my friends is HOPE!

Hope that there are better days ahead.  Hope that who you are now is not who you are destined to be.  Hope that you can change...

Welcome to #TEAMHOPEDELIVERED

No comments:

Post a Comment