Thursday, June 27, 2013

Focus T25 Review - Alpha Phase

I am a self proclaimed Insaniac.  I got hooked into Beachbody with the high interval training program by Shaun T, Insanity.  Shaun T and the good folks at Beachbody have gone back to the studio with the crazy idea that 25 minutes a day, 5 days a week is all you need to get in the best shape of your life.  Honestly, the skeptic in me came out.  Just 25 minutes a day!!! No way!  But anything that allows me to a few more minutes of sleep in the morning is worth trying.

After just 2 weeks, I can tell this is another world class program from Beachbody!  The key, as Shaun T will reiterate over and over is to Focus.  Each move asks you to focus on a specific area of the body.  As you "focus" you maximize the effectiveness you get from each exercise.  And water breaks...forget a water breaks.  This a non-stop 25 minute sweatfest!

The first 5 weeks is Alpha.  This is the base for what will come in the second 5 weeks, Beta.  There is a third phase which you can add as an upgrade called Gamma which includes some added weight work.  The base kit is just the Alpha and Beta phase, along with a resistance band that is to be used during the Beta phase of the program.  The program is a true 25 minutes with an additional 2-3 minute cool down after the workout!

I look at this as a working man's workout.  One of the most common excuses for not exercising is not having enough time.  This program eliminates that excuse.  In a very short and quick 25 minutes you can get in the workout you need and want!  I am really excited to see my results and will post before and after pics once completed!

After just one week I broke through a plateau and tipped the scales under 170 pounds for the first time since my junior year of high school.  I am stunned at the quick results.

To Shaun T: Thanks for an extra 15 minutes of sleep in the morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment